- What we collect:
- We collect information that is required to provide the best online blogging experience. This information may include, but is not limited to, names, phone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses, gender, birthday, personal interests.
- We do not store credit card information as that is handled by our third-party payment vendor.
- No form of online transaction is 100% safe, during the transaction information is passed back and forth between parties. Do your part and protect your information, limit who has access to your credit card information, and do not leave information open on your screen when making purchases in public areas.
- We will not collect needless information.
- Why we collect
- All information collected is for informational purposes only. Chaos and The Crow shall not be held liable for any reliance on information found on this blog. Please take the time to perform outside research. Chaos and The Crow makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, suitability or validity of any information on this site. Chaos and The Crow shall not be liable for any errors, omissions, delays in this information or any losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use.
- How we collect information
- We collect your information when you subscribe to our email list or when you purchase our product.
- We will always ask for your consent before storing your information.
- Comments are welcome, however, Chaos and The Crow shall retain the right to delete or edit any comments posted within the blog without notice. Chaos and The Crow takes no responsibility for any opinions, beliefs or expressions posted by other people on this blog.
- Email Marketing
- We collect your email information in order to promote new posts, products, promotions, or to target the wishes of our visitors.
- We provide our mailing list with up-to-date information about everything happening on our blog. If you feel our content is no longer applicable to you, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. This can be done by sending us an email at email@example.com. Removal from our list shall be completed when we receive your request, please allow 1 week of processing time.
- You can always subscribe again if you start to miss your dose of Chaos and The Crow.
- When we will use your information
- Aside from sending emails regarding new posts and products on the blog, we may also use your information to analyze trends and create statistics from our visitors, this is a vital tool that allows us to better serve our clientele and visitors and it allows us to give you the content you want and take away what you don’t.
- Chaos and The Crow is not held responsible for any third-party comments, opinions, beliefs, or attitudes.
- All comments to the Blog section are moderated and will be accepted by Chaos and the Crow.
- We adhere to the strictest level of non-violence, inclusion, and personal integrity and any violation of our principles in the comments will not be accepted for posting on our blog.
- We do not disclose your information or profit from sharing your information.
- We may use this information to update our shopping process, to target specific consumers, and to better serve their interests.
- We may disclose information in order to abide by Federal or Provincial legal regulations.
- If you disclose that you are at risk of harming yourself and/or others, we will disclose that information to the authorities or closest Crisis Intervention Program to better assist your needs.
- PIPEDA Statement
- As Chaos and The Crow is based in Canada, we adhere to the policies set under The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- You have the right to request any information stored by Chaos and The Crow with respect to yourself.
- You consent to our terms and policies by use of this website. Please take the time to read our policies.
- All content belongs to Chaos and The Crow. Under no circumstance should any pictures, products, or opinions, posts be imitated or copied.
- We thank you for your cooperation and time visiting our Policy and Terms Page. Chaos and The Crow aims to deliver all information necessary to make our clients and visitors feel welcomed and part of the Chaos and The Crow family.
- If you have any reservations or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our inquiry team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- There is a zero-tolerance policy for malicious, negative, or derogatory comments.
Your privacy is important to us. It is Chaos and the Crow’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, http://www.ChaosandtheCrow.ca, and other sites we own and operate.
1. Information We Collect
Depending on whether you are a subscriber, a business, or a person to whom a subscriber is given a welcome package, Chaos and the Crow collects certain private information.
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
If you are a subscriber, we may ask for personal information, such as your:
- Email / Phone / mobile number;
- Home / Mailing address;
- Work address;
- Website address; and
- Payment information.
2. Legal Bases for Processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process payments through our third-party payment processor, Paypal and will be offering our Canadian clientele the ability to send payments via the Electronic Funds Transfers.
These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us).
- You give us consent to do so, for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter).
Where you consent to our use of information about you, for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We do not keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. However, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
3. Collection and Use of Information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
– To provide you with our platform’s core features; to process any transaction or ongoing payments; to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms; for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms; and for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you. If you choose to subscribe to our mailing list, which you can opt out at any time
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- Third party credit card processor, Paypal, for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services.
- We may also disclose personal information if required to do so by court order.
5. International Transfers of Personal Information
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in Canada and the United States, or where we or our third-party credit card processors (PayPal) maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these third parties.
6. Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
8. Business Transfers
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
9. Limits of Our Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
10. Changes to This Policy
Chaos and the Crow Data Controller
Chaos and the Crow Data Protection Officer
This policy is effective as of: March 31, 2021